Don't be shy!

I LOVE comments!!!! And if you comment on mine then I will come comment on yours!!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

They have healing powers and funny stuff about nuts

Today's HILARIOUS first grade antics.

*Joe came up to me at recess holding his head, "Mrs. E a guy accidentally kicked me in the head, I need to go to the office."
"Well Joe you aren't bleeding and I don't see any bumps, I think you'll be okay."
"But I need to go to the office real bad!"
"Again, why do you need to go to the office? They won't be able to do anything for you, we can't send you to get ice unless there is an obvious bump."
"I don't know, I need to go there and get healed or something."

"*Jack bit me on my arm!"
"Why did he bite you on your arm *Sunny?"
"I don't know, he told me not to kick him, but I wasn't kicking him, I was throwing grass at him."
Then I pulled Jack aside and asked him what happened. He said, "Sunny was throwing grass at my best friend, and I wanted to stop her so I bit her arm."
I had to give both of them props for being honest.

Matthew tells me some funny things too. Today at lunch he came up to me and said,  "a guy is trying to kick *Mike in the nuts." I guess I looked a little stunned because then he said, "do you know where your nuts are mom?"  Then he pointed to his butt and said, "your nuts are right here!" Another instructor was standing by me and we both laughed hysterically and said, "ummmm no!" After school he told me that *Ben and *Mike were punching each other in the nuts. I said, "what are your nuts Matthew?" He said, "They're your butt cheeks, duh!!" William was doing his homework at the table and laughed so hard he snorted. Now I'm not sure if Ben and Mike were punching each other in the butt or the nuts, because somehow nuts got dragged into the conversation by someone.

I love that both Joe and Matthew referred to other kids as "a guy".

I really don't want to have to explain to my kids that they cannot punch, kick or touch anyone's nuts, regardless of what they think nuts are, but it sounds like I might have to do just that tomorrow, sigh.

No comments: