The genetic counselor finally called me yesterday. When I had my blood drawn for the test it was marked on there that I wasn't an insulin dependant diabetic, they had to re-calculate the results taking that into account. So the bad news is that the babe now has a 1 in 10 chance of having spina bifida, the good news? The ultrasound looked just fine, what do we do from here?? We have the choice of doing the amniocentesis to find out for sure if he does have it. Or we wait until the 18th for my next ultrasound where he will be bigger and they should be able to see more detail, and if they see anything we can decide to do the amnio, or just do nothing. We have decided to do nothing. The risk of miscarriage is just too high with the amnio, and there is nothing they can do to help him if he does indeed have it. I haven't felt as overwhelmed as I thought I would about it, if he has it, he has it, we will find a way to deal with it and everything will be just fine.
I also had an appointment yesterday with my regular OB and my blood pressure was the best its ever been!! Hooray!! So since its down, he wants me stay on "home rest" for another 2 weeks before taking on work.