Don't be shy!

I LOVE comments!!!! And if you comment on mine then I will come comment on yours!!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh geez.

Yesterday was my dad's birthday. I think he would have been 50? I made YUMMY crock pot lasagna and bread sticks, yes I tasted the lasagna and ate about 4 breadsticks..... I wish it would have been a birthday dinner for my dad. He is gone way too soon. I watched a bunch of 9/11 stuff. Such a horrible event.

Today I took Matthew over to the elementary school for his first speech therapy session. Apparently I didn't prepare him enough for it, he had a death grip on me and cried. I handed him over to the therapist and went and stood in the hall. He just cried harder. We will try again on Thursday.  I finally have a name and face to Ms. Somebody who tried to tell me not to bring him in for services because its too hard because Matthew isn't going to school. She was much nicer today, I *might* not talk to the principal about her. If we can't get into the charter school, I will be homeschooling at least Matthew next year.

While I was at the school I ran into William's teacher, she is super nice, but I really don't like that she doesn't give more homework and doesn't really do much of anything on Friday's. Once Matthew is okay with going to speech I will be in her class volunteering.

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Sounds like a good plan. If you can be in the class, you will have a better idea of how much they get done and what they do with the kids.
Should be good.

If Matthew warms-up in other situations, I am sure he will in this one. If not, bribe him!!! Candy bars work for my kids!

Trishelle said...

Happy birthday to your dad...hugs to you!

I'm so amazed by everything you do for your family. Your boys are going to look back at these experiences and remember just how much you have always been 'in their corner."