Don't be shy!

I LOVE comments!!!! And if you comment on mine then I will come comment on yours!!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I had to share

So this morning, I've been feeling oh SO crappy, morning sickness, tired beyond belief, annoyed that my glasses are cracked and I haven't made an appointment yet, and then I read this blog, and I thought, you know life isn't as horrible as it may seem in this moment, I am blessed beyond belief! I know without a doubt that I am watched over and that there are MANY people who love and adore me, and I them....
I've read NieNie's story and I am amazed at her faith. She has blogged about wanting to be pretty again and wanting to have more babies, it makes me realize that we all need to appreciate our beauty, especially our faces that they aren't burnt and scarred. As with most women I am always trying to find ways to make myself look prettier, to try this or that, but as my husband ALWAYS says, and I know that he's right, that if you feel good on the inside and forget about the things you don't like, it shows on the outside. Right now I really do not like my body, but I'm in love with the fact that its growing a human. That in 10 short weeks I will get to hold that baby in my arms and know that its a miracle and proof of God's love for me and my family.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She really is an amazing woman.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

It is so easy to get caught up in how we look.
However, how we feel about ourselves is really all that matters. I always say to Kaitlynd, "If you feel good about you, that is all that matters".
It think you are so beautiful and lucky. Heavenly Father does love your family! I love how you put that. Really makes sense doesn't it. He would not give us such wonderful opportunities (babies or other)if he did not love us so very much.

Alice said...

Thanks for that reminder! I totally agree, when we feel great on the inside, it shows on the outside. I need to remember that. Stop exercising to lose weight but instead exercise because I enjoy getting outside and walking, and it makes me feel so much better.