Don't be shy!

I LOVE comments!!!! And if you comment on mine then I will come comment on yours!!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

I think this is the longest I've gone....

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've posted. Crazy. Let's see..... I'm still going to school and working at the boys' school. This school year seemed to fly by. I wasn't with a specific teacher this year. I liked only teaching groups, but it was a little lonely to not be with a teacher and part of the grade level team. So for the 2015-16 year I will be back in a classroom! I'm excited to learn from a teacher that I've never worked with and able to interact with the kiddos at recess and lunch again. I discovered one of the coolest things ever, it's called Adult Fitness class at a tumbling gym! I LOVE it! It has brought out my inner dancer/cheerleader and I hope to be able to do a back handspring by my next birthday.... Here's an update on the rest of the fam...

Andy - Still working at the same job, which is good. We are both looking forward to hiking the Narrows in Zion's National Park later this year with most of his siblings. His parents are in their second month of serving their second mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They have a large lawn that needs mowing in their absence, Andy volunteered William. Which is also great....... 

William - He learned how to play the clarinet this year, and the music teacher at our school made them do online theory, from that he taught himself how to play the piano! I hope he continues with music. I love that he loves it! He finished 6th grade on the high honor roll, and taller than his mama!! He has a few really good friends, including a girl that he's been friends with since 4th grade. I asked him if he wanted to get her a different Valentine than the ones that came in the box that he got for everyone, he responded with, "why?" I'll just let that stay that way for as long as possible. He's still so sweet and tender-hearted. I really don't think I could "mother" without his help. He will go to scout camp, for a whole week, in a month. I told him he couldn't go because I don't know how to entertain his brothers without him here to help keep them interested or distracting them. Again, time is flying by, I feel like I blinked and my little boy suddenly disappeared. He will be in 7th grade luckily our school has junior high in the same building so it won't be *too* bad to have a kid in junior high because he'll just be upstairs. He doesn't complain to loudly about chores and mowing his grandparents lawn. He loves reading and playing the xbox and "hanging out" with friends, because you can't ask if friends can "play" anymore.... (insert sigh and eye-roll here)

Matthew - Matty turned 9 in April and had a friend birthday party at an indoor pool. It was a lot of fun. He finished 2nd grade also on the high honor roll, with really shaggy hair, and glasses! He also decided to try baseball this year. He has a tournament next week and then it will be done. He's made a LOT of progress and has had a great coach that has worked with him a lot to help him get hits. He wanted to be on the same team as his friend so we have to travel a bit to practices and games, but it has been GREAT for him! He loves reading, jumping on the trampoline, playing the xbox, and flipping his hair like Justin Bieber when he talks to people. I've tried to talk him into cutting it, he says he wants to have a ponytail and a man-bun. (Insert another sigh and eye-roll here) But they're only little once and this is the first thing he's stuck to his guns and not caved so that's got to count for something, right?

AJ - Oh AJ, he is my wild child through and through. He will be 5 soon and that means Kindergarten!! I'm excited to have him with me at school, but on the flip side it doesn't seem possible that he's going into Kindy!! He is silly and funny and makes life FUN! He tells some really funny stories and has been known to make up stories about his family. He told our neighbors once that his friend couldn't come over because I had let my boobies out and his friend couldn't see that, (no I do NOT run around topless, if you were wondering). He also told them that I was a dragon and then said that William had killed a dragon. He loves to go shirtless and likes to wear the cowboy boots and hat that he got from his babysitter's son with EVERYTHING. He loves to shoot people with water and nerf guns but usually gets upset when the tables turn. Our dentist talks about sugar bugs on your teeth and lately he asks "does this have sugar bugs in it" about anything that he's about to eat. Fruit has good sugar bugs in case you didn't know. If he doesn't want to eat something he says it will make him thirsty. He's a mama's boy. There are days that he is attached to my hip. I try to remember there will be a time that he won't want anything to do with me. Loves anything electronic, loves to color and make sound effects as he's coloring, he loves to play with his cousin Tate aka Take, who is the same grade as Matthew. Wants to go somewhere everyday and hates when I tell him we are just staying home.

I am blessed and also feel like life is a little crazy most days and most of the time I'm trying to just make it through the day. Some days are better than others.

Mother's Day, this was the week that Will suddenly shot up!

We did a lemonade/popcorn/cookie stand. We will do it again.

AJ and his AMAZING babysitter Annie! She's watched him for two years and he absolutely LOVES her, can't say that I blame him!

He had shaggy hair too, but he let me get it cut!

True AJ style.

Matthew after playing catcher.

This just made me laugh! Matty's Doppleganger! Cobra Kai forever! Matthew is too nice to be as mean as Johnny.



No comments: