Don't be shy!

I LOVE comments!!!! And if you comment on mine then I will come comment on yours!!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today I'm thankful for unexpected surprises in the mail and homemade cleaning wipes and baby wipes!

Today I got a birthday present in the mail that I wasn't expecting!! My friend sent me the CUTEST necklace!!! THANKS Jenny, you made my day!!!

For relief society a couple of months ago we had a "ways to save money" night, and learned how to make our own cleaning products, well I made the sink and tub cleaner and I'm still amazed at how shiny and clean it gets my sink.... so I was running out of baby wipes and I needed some cleaning wipes so I decided to find 2 containers that held at least 10 cups and make my own! It was SO EASY! And its nice to know exactly what I'm wiping my kids butt with and also my counter tops and table, we eat on those things ya know..... So here is the "recipe" to make your own.....

All-Purpose Wipes
1 c vinegar
2 c distilled water
1 squirt dish soap
1/2 tsp essential oil (like lemongrass)

plastic food storage container 10 cup capacity
extra large roll of GOOD QUALITY paper towels (like Viva & Bounty)
serrated knife to cut the paper towels

With the wrapper on, cut the paper towel roll in half, so you end up with 2 smaller rolls. Remove the wrapper. Make your cleaning solution in the plastic container. Put one of the rolls into the container, put the lid on, and turn it upside down. Allow the paper towels to absorb the solution for 4 hours to overnight. Open the container and gently pull the cardboard tube out and discard. Carefully pull up the end of the paper towel from the center. Now go crazy with your cleaning!!

BABY WIPES

2 1/2 c distilled water
3 T baby oil
1 T baby wash

Same method as above, different solution!!

I would say these both work just as well or better than the store bought brands!!!!

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Your SO welcome Tiff! I hope you head is feeling better.

I will have to try these some time. This is the third time you have suggested them. Must mean that you can stick with making them and they MUST be good!

Have a great TURKEY DAY!

Alice said...

Thanks Tiff! I'll be sure to give these a try this next week instead of buying more of both of these types of wipes, because heaven knows, I use ALOT of them!