Don't be shy!

I LOVE comments!!!! And if you comment on mine then I will come comment on yours!!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

He can hear!! And we need a new DVD player!!

As I've know all along Matty's hearing is just fine.... Although there was a tiny part of me that was hoping for a quick fix, but alas, as with everything with that kid he has to take his time... SO more test to come, with our insurance our pediatrician has to write a letter stating why he needs a speech evaluation, and a referral and then we will get a speech evaluation and then we will find out if speech therapy would be beneficial...

We had our Direct TV turned off, which means that we've also lost our DVR, yes it was a very hard thing to do but we really need to tighten our belt and get back to basics, so we have been watching movies everday, usually one or two kids movies and then we will either watch one of "our" movies (movies I tell William are only for moms..) or we will watch the extras, deleted scenes, director's thoughts... whatever.... and we've had our DVD player for a while and for some reason it will open and then immediately shut when you press the open button, SO ANNOYING!! I'm also going to say that I'm in need of a swimsuit, mine from last year ripped, somewhere that is not fixable and also has "runs" in it, which wouldn't happen now but still.... Again SO ANNOYING!

5 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

Yay! I am so happy for him!! That is great! Bummer on the DVD player and swimsuit:)

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

My nephew had some speech probs and they did the same type of tests for him. After all of that he had to wait until school started to get help. He is now in 3rd grade and reads on a 4th grade level and his speech is much much better! There is hope!

We only have basic channels also. A few months ago we signed up for Netflix. I love it. We can get as many DVD's as we want! You can also get movies on-line (free). It's great.

That does not help with your whole broken DVD situation...but maybe when you get it fixed!
Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Oh happy day for good news!

Emily S said...

My swimsuit is from 2002, so if you grab one at Wal-Mart, you'll beat me with swimsuit style, easily. Sorry about the DVD player . . . so frustrating.

Becky said...

I wondered how things had gone. Glad to hear you can check one thing off the list.