Don't be shy!

I LOVE comments!!!! And if you comment on mine then I will come comment on yours!!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Long Beach Aquarium & visiting Auntie Suzette (and the rest of the Murray's)

Because I work for fabulous jetBlue, I can get myself and 3 other people into the Long Beach Aquarium.... So we decided to take a trip to Cali to visit the Murray's, we fly into Oakland, and we have to connect in Long Beach. The best flight to get there only had 3 seats left..... SOOO we took the next best one, but had an 8 hour layover. We were able to get a sweet deal on a rental car and went to the Aquarium....... It was AMAZING, but pricey, so if you can get a discount (hint hint) GO... We were able to pet sharks, sting rays, eels, sea urchins, and starfish.... William wasn't all that excited about touching anything until we got to the starfish and finally touched them! It was SO FUN! I loved it....

Then we were off to Oakland, where my Auntie Suzette picked us up to take us to dinner and then finally to her house(in Tracy)!! We had a LONG day, but it was so FUN! Saturday my cousins Aaron and Melissa had their first formal dance, it was fun to see them get all dressed up and go, it was "Girl's Treat" so Aaron's date and their group got an awesome party bus that had music and room to dance with a big screen in the back, it was cool... Melissa and her friends just got a lame hummer limo... J/K, it was cool too!! My grandma Sharon and Tony came from Sonora that day and after the kids had left for the dance (although neither of them actually went to the dance....I guess its not cool to go to the dance anymore...?) we went and had yummy pizza and chased the boys around....
We were all exhausted on Sunday so we didn't do anything, but we tried to find a fun place to take the boys on Monday, and guess what??? Everything that we looked at was closed for Monday even though there was nothing special that day, no holidays or anything, so we opted to go to the Tracy mall - YAY! No, it is fun because is has a Merry Go Round in the food court and pretty sweet arcade that had rides that Matthew liked and games that William could play...
It was a great trip and I wish flying stand-by could go that smoothly every time, if it did I would for sure jumping on flights every week!!

5 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I have been thinking of my Sis-in-Law...out there in Huntington...right next to Long Beach.
I love having family in warm places!!
Sounds like you guys had a great time. LUCKY!

Erin said...

I found you! I have to comment on your Jan 19th post. I also read that book and ran in the Top of Utah. Crazy! I only ran the 5k, though. I am on a little running plan of my own to try to start it up again. Let's talk!

About Us said...

That sounds like a fun trip! I just told Shane about your trip and he used to do service at the LB Aquarium while on his mission. he says it is pretty awesome. Someday, we hope to go back there and see where he served (preferably not Compton). Glad you are back!

The Peterson Family said...

Sounds like good times!! I was just telling Nate how I need a vacation! I have vacation fever!!! I would lov to go to Disneyland this year but who knows if that will pan out or not. We'll see!

Unknown said...

aaah, when you talk about Tracy, I miss it! Good ol'West Valley Mall. Love it there, and the Fun Factory with all the great arcade games. I need to work at Jet Blue just for the flying benefit!